Business Travel by STA is a global market leader providing a premium travel service to the dynamic Academic community. This joint venture (JV) with the TravelEdge Group is in an exciting period of growth. It has created a unique opportunity for the right candidate to showcase their talent. In this newly created role, you as a GM, will be instrumental in elevating the business to new record highs.
About the Role:
You will be reporting directly to the board of the JV.
Your main areas of focus will be: business development, identifying and maintaining strategic partners, process alignment (such as identifying Best Practice, etc’), managing the day to day operations and looking after your people.
In the role, you will:
- Develop the brand and customer engagement to establish Business Travel by STA as the primary travel agency partner for Universities in Australia.
- Ensure improved business performance, including all aspects of P&L.
- Lead all major Business Travel by STA initiatives/RFPs.
- Develop market specific strategies that maximise potential revenue and build strong future pipelines.
The experience you will bring to the role:
Travel Industry experience:
- Relevant Australian TMC experience
- Australian corporate or academic travel sales experience
- Commercial and Pricing background in the travel industry (over 3 years)
Key Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Strong leadership calibre, strong influencer
- Proven track record of effective negotiation with strong commercial acumen
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills with drive for results.
- Effective communicator across all mediums.
- Strong team management skills.
- Self-Motivated, enthusiastic and thrives in a demanding environment
Why should you apply?
This is the opportunity you were waiting for – that next career move you promised yourself, that New Years’ resolution.
But we also know sometimes it’s the little things that make our day…
TravelEdge operates out of a 5-star office in the CBD, where you’ll find toast and coffee to kick start your day, fruit for the midweek hump day and picnic blankets if you fancy taking your lunch alfresco.
We realise that you need an extra day of leave a year to party on your birthday, run a marathon or stay in bed and binge Netflix, so we are happy to offer this to you!
Career progression is often a floating cloud term that seems unattainable, don’t worry, we have a team of people here and a system devoted to your progress that can track and map out your goals with you.